Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 8: Appreciation

One week in, and it's time to take real action against Marsha. I am supposed to make a "self-appreciation jar,"where I pay myself, say, a quarter, every time I catch Marsha running my thoughts. I never have change or cash on me, so I came up with an alternative. I will write down every negative thought while I'm getting ready in the morning (I think it would be a bit cumbersome to do it all day), and rewrite it as a positive thought.
So if I pull on a dress and think "Ugh, it's so tight, I like a fat mess," I will write it down and write next to it "I look great in this skirt and my hair is perfect today."
Or something.
I'm not good at this, and am sorely tempted to skip it altogether as it makes me uncomfortable. But I do want to change. I want to love myself, embrace myself, and respect myself. I want to do it now so it will be second nature by the time my daughter can pick up on it.
What have you done lately to appreciate yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment